- Nationality: India
- Home Course: DLF GOLF & COUNTRY CLUB
- Professional Since: 2002
- Age: 37 years
|1||03 Dec - 06 Dec,2020||Jeev Milkha Singh Invitational 2020 presented by TAKE||CUT||57||₹ 45,000|
|2||17 Dec - 20 Dec,2020||Tata Steel Tour Championship 2020||CUT||27||₹ 1,62,750|
• Ashok Kumar has been one of India’s leading players over the last two decades. He has a total of 13 wins on the PGTI. He is the third-highest on the list of players with most titles on the PGTI.
• Ashok won the CG Open in 2015 and the PGTI Masters in 2016.
• In 2012, Ashok Kumar claimed top-10 finishes at the Asian Tour & PGTI joint-sanctioned SAIL-SBI Open (tied sixth) and Panasonic Open (tied eighth). He also had five top-10s on the PGTI.
• Kumar was ranked 12th in the 2011 Rolex Rankings as a result of six top-10s. His best results in the 2011 season were runner-up finishes at the SRF All India Matchplay Championship and the Haryana Open.
• Ashok was the Rolex Rankings champion in 2010, having won the DLF Masters, The Global Green Bangalore Open, 9th TATA Open and the DDA Open. He also secured nine other top-10s in the 2010 season.
• He finished tied fifth at the Indian Open 2010.
• Ashok finished third on the 2009 Rolex Rankings. In 2009 he posted wins at the SRF All India Professional Golf Matchplay Championship and the PGTI Tour Championship. He was runner-up at the PGTI Players Championship presented by Chandigarh Golf Club.
• He finished tied sixth at the Indian Open 2008 (Asian Tour) and tied 11th at the SAIL Open 2008 (a joint sanctioned event of the Asian Tour and PGTI).
• Ashok posted eight top-10 finishes out of 12 starts in the 2007-08 PGTI season to finish sixth on the Order of Merit. His best finishes in the season were: runner-up at The AIS Golf Open 2008 presented by PGTI and joint runner-up at the PGTI Players Championship at Chandigarh Golf Club and PGTI Players Championship at Royal Calcutta Golf Club.
• He topped the Order of Merit in the inaugural PGTI season (2006-07) with five wins from eight starts. These victories came at the Indian Oil Xtra Premium Masters, Solaris Global Green Open, SRF All India Matchplay Championship, Crompton Greaves Open and Color Plus Open.
• Best finishes on the Asian Tour in 2007 were tied 7th at the Pakistan Open and tied 9th at the Indian Open.
• In 2006, he finished fifth in the Aamby Valley Asian Masters in India (an Asian Tour event).
• Kumar bagged five titles on the Indian professional circuit in the 2004-05 season.
• Ashok was the Order of Merit champion on the Indian professional circuit in 2003-04 with three victories to his name.
• Kumar was ‘Rookie of the Year’ on the Indian professional circuit in the 2002-03 season.
• Represented India at the Nomura Cup in Germany in 2001.
• India's national amateur number one from 2000 to 2001. Won the amateur title of Indian Open in 1999.
• Ashok has the unique skill of hitting various kind of trick shots in golf.
Indian Tour Wins till 2005-06 season (Prior to PGTI)
Noida Open 2002-03
Servo Masters 2003-04
Sir Padampat Singhania Open 2003-04
PGAI-TSM Open (PGA Cship of India) 2003-04
Hindu Open 2004-05
Hero Honda Open South 2004-05
HT Pro Golf 2004-05
ONGC Open 2004-05
TATA Open 2004-05
Hyundai MGC Open 2005-06
TSM Golden Greens Open 2005-06